# of Sponsored Children: 243
# of Children waiting for Sponsors: 52
Year Connected to ARM: 2004
Sponsorship Location Code: MAY
Closest Major City: Mayuge Town
Population: 412,600 people (2009)
Distance to Entebbe Airport: 84 miles
- Shalom Christian School
- Shalom Christian Fellowship Church
- 16 acres of land
- Pastor’s home
Community Qualities: The majority of people in Mayuge depend on agriculture where they grow maize, potatoes & beans. They mostly speak Lusoga in the region. Mayuge district is among the 5 most populated districts in all of Uganda and is ranked the 3rd poorest district in Uganda. Most girls in this town give birth at an early age due to the high Muslim population in the area, who allow girls to marry muslim men at a very young age.
Average Income: $40 a month per family
% Orphaned: 80%
Literacy Rate: 30%
Primary Issues: Poverty, recovering war zone, HIV/Aids, drug abuse, sexual harassment, child marriages, large number of orphans
A Life Transformed!
Meet Mwebaza Tadeo. Mwebaza was born a healthy baby boy but was left crippled after a severe case of Malareia ast the age of 2. As he grew the situation worsened, leaving Mwabaza in severe pain. His mother, a single parent with 5 other children, could not afford medication or hospital trip for her son and so eventually the boy had to drop out of school due to his condition. That is when ARM became aware of the situation and helped get Mwebaza the tests he needed. He had his first operation in 2010 and a second in 2011 before being admitted into a rehabilitation home for 8 months where he received physiotherapy and orthopaedic care.
Tadeo has fully recovered and was able to complete his primary education in 2012. He is now in his first year of high school and able to ride a bicycle to and from school every day.
Tadeo is grateful to ARM for the transformation in his life, to his sponsor for the monthly support and above all, to God his healer and the great physician!
Program Overseer: Abel Ayesigye
Abel Ayesigye is ARM’s program coordinator, helping to monitor all CDP’s and ECDP’s within ARM. He directly oversees Mayuge CDP in conjunction with Ps. Jengo Richard and an interim oversight committee.
Project Director: Serina Mugugumya
Serina gave her life to Christ at age 16. She served with Muleete Community Church as a social worker for 5 years before moving to Mayuge CDP in Oct. 2011 as the project director. She loves children and believes God has a great plan of transformation for Mayuge!
Please keep Mayuge CDP in your prayers!
- Pray for our 52 registered children who are not sponsored to find sponsors
- Pray for us to find land & funds to build a local church, CDP office, and a play area for our children
- Pray for us to be able to register more children in our CDP program
- Pray that our children and their caretakers give their lives to Christ
- Pray for more income generating activities for our children’s parent so that they can better support their families.
- 3 of our children joined tertiary institutions and six are in advanced level
- The CDP runs Sunday school and the children are able to be discipled despite the fact that their is no local church in the area
- A number of children and caretakers have given their lives to Christ despite coming from Muslim families
- The children’s health has greatly improved