# of sponsored children: 209
# of children waiting for sponsors: 86
Total Population: 295
Year Connected to ARM: 2003
Closest Major City: Mukono
Population: 952,300 people (2009)
Distance to Entebbe Airport: 34 miles
Project Components: Church, School, & CDP project
% Orphaned: 50%
Community Qualities: Mukono is located in the central region of Uganda. Agriculture is the main economic activity in Mukono with the main food crops including: Cassava, Sweet Potatoes, Maize, Millet, G-nuts, Peas, Soy Beans, Bananas, Sesame, & Yams. The main language in the area is Luganda.
Primary Issues: Malaria, Measles, HIV/Aids, Pneumonia & diarrhoea
Meet Aklam Kigozi!
Aklam is 6 years old. He was Muslim when he joined Mukono CDP but since joining he has come to know Jesus Christ as his Saviour. His father, mother, brothers and sister are sill Muslim. Aklam says he used to go to the mosque with his family to pray. However, when he gave his life to the Lord he finds it more exciting to pray in the church than in the mosque. He loves to recite Luke 19:10 which says, “For the son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.”
It is amazing that Aklam’s parents do not require him to come with them to pray in the mosque and that they do not refuse him to go to church. Actually, at the moment, he has influenced his sister, brothers and mother who sometimes accompany him to church to pray.
Program Overseer: Ps. Davis Kigozi
Program Director: David Okello
Please keep Mukono CDP in your prayers!
Our Prayer Requests:
- Protection for our children and staff
- Salvation for parents and children who do not yet know Jesus Christ
- Good relationships between our local community and our project
- Good health for our children
- Children who are able to take leadership responsibilities at a young age (such as children who lead praise and worship time)
- Children who have learned to love, respect and help themselves and others
- Children who were not in school before, are now able to attend