# of Sponsored Children: 82
# of Children Waiting for Sponsors: 123
Year Connected to ARM: 2011
Closest Major City: Mubende
Population: 544,000 people (2009)
Distance to Entebbe Airport: 120 miles
Project Components: CDP Project, School, Church & Mercy Network Project
Average Income: $0.25 per day
% Orphaned: 30%
Literacy Rate: Literacy among males is approximately 35%, there is no data on female literacy rates.
Community Qualities: The major economic activity in Mubende district is agriculture with an emphasis on food crops like sweet potatoes, beans, cassava, maize, bananas, & ground nuts. Luganda is the most commonly spoken language in the district.
Primary Issues: Bodily illnesses (such as: worms, skin disease & malnutrition), & trauma
Our project takes great pride in our children as they learn to grow and lead like Jesus did. We do this through hands on opportunities for the children to teach and minister to others. This past year, our children partnered with our church partners to lead the Sunday worship service. Below are pictures of our children and the church congregation.
Program Overseer: Ps. Magaba
Ps. Magaba is the president and founder of Community Christian Missions International and the senior pastor of Kyengeza Community Church. He also serves as the Evangelism Coordinator of Mubende District. He is a man with a passion to serve Christ and the children ARM works with!
Project Director: Samuel Magezi
Sam graduated with a BA in Social Work & Administration. He joined ARM in 2010 as a social worker in Gulu before later transferring to Kyengeza as the Project Director. He is passionate about children & even sets an example as a local sponsor to one of ARM’s children!
Thank you for keeping Kyengeza CDP in your prayers!
Our Prayer Requests:
- Increase in Sponsors for our children
- God’s protection over our children
- God’s provision for more funds to help us build our own project offices
- God’s provision for a backup generator or solar panel to improve our electricity supply
- For God to grant us as staff the ability to serve the children he has entrusted us with, with zealous hearts
- For the children to grow up with the seal to serve and change their community
- We praise God for his provision of sponsors who have continuously showered love on our children
- We praise God for ARM and their willingness to open a project in the middle of a coffee plantation!
- We thank God for the parents of our children who have embraced the Lord and given their lives to Christ
- We praise God for the partnership with Kyengeza Community Church, which has transformed the community through biblical teaching, nurturing & evangelism
- We praise God for the holistic growth of our children in all areas (cognitively, spiritually, physically & emotionally)