# of Sponsored Children: 342
# of Children waiting for sponsors: 0
Year Connected to ARM: 2006
Closest Major City: Mubende
Population: 544,000 people (2009)
Distance to Entebbe Airport: 120 miles
Project Components: CDP Project, School, Church
Average Income: $0.25 per day
% Orphaned: 30%
Literacy Rate: Literacy among males is approximately 35%, there is no data on female literacy rates.
Community Qualities: The major economic activity in Mubende district is agriculture with an emphasis on food crops like sweet potatoes, beans, cassava, maize, bananas, & ground nuts. Luganda is the most commonly spoken language in the district. The community is host to Nakayima shrine, which tends to attract many visitors to this community.
Primary Issues: Health issues (such as: upper respiratory, skin diseases, malaria, syphilis, & malnutrition), poverty & trauma
Program Overseer: Ps. Tutinawe Sylver
Ps. Sylver was saved while studying to be a priest. His family disowned him when he professed his new beliefs and he was thrown out of seminary soon after. He has served as both a youth & senior pastor. His life passion is to see young people who seek to build up the kingdom of God.
Program Director: Yoram Atuhamize
- Kids are now able to go to school, with our oldest child currently in Secondary 6 (12th Grade)
- Children & families have changed. Many started with us from traditionalist &/or Muslim families but several have accepted Christ.
- The church has gained access to families & community through their care of the children
- Evangelism is now an active part of the community
- The church has been recognised & is now supported by the local authorities
- 42 of our sponsored children are displaying and growing in their leadership abilities
- The school now has 630 students
- The children performed well on their exams, with no failures in the primary section (elementary school)
- The church has planted 10 churches
- Pray for us to reach our vision of leadership that will enable us to transform the community around us
- Pray for our 10 church plants that evangelism will spread through them to others
- Pray for our children who need sponsors
- Pray for the Lord to close the physical and emotional gaps between our sponsored and non-sponsored children
- Pray for people to have a relationship with Christ and not just accept religious practices as being their ticket to heaven.
- Pray for our staff and church leaders to avoid temptations, jealousy and greed
- Pray for the salvation of our community leaders and family members