# of Sponsored Children: 389
# of Children Waiting for Sponsors: 12
Year Connected to ARM: 2003
Closest Major City: Mukono
Sponsorship Location Code: BV
City Population: 952,300 people (2009)
% Orphaned: 50%
Distance to Entebbe Airport: 34 miles
- Conference Centre (for approx. 400 people)
- Camping Facilities (for approx. 400 people)
- Guest House
- Medical Clinic
- Primary School
- Bethany Church
- 11 Children’s Homes (housing approx. 200 children)
- Staff Housing
- CDP Project
- Water Purification Facility
- Solar Electricity & Generator Facility
- 11 Acre Farm Land with Greenhouse Facilities
- Animal Housing Facilities
- Construction & Repair Facilities
- Boat Dock
Project Manager: Moses Okello
Project Director: Paul Bulima
Community Qualities: Mukono is located in the central region of Uganda. Agriculture is the main economic activity in Mukono District. The main food crops grown include: cassava, sweet potatoes, maize, millet, ground nuts, peas, soy beans, bananas, sesame, and yams. The main language spoken is Luganda.
Primary Issues: Malaria, measles, HIV/Aids, diarrhoea, and pneumonia
Project updates: Bethany CDP has a Facebook page! Check it out to get specific updates related to children whose sponsor numbers start with: “BV”. Simply click the link below to get started:
My name is Sande Mukiibi. I am in A-level. I stay in one of the Bethany Children’s Homes. Having lost my father in a car crash, I remained home with my stepmother and Ronald, my elder brother. Ronald was in his senior 6 vacation and I was in primary 5 when my father passed away. Life was so hard at home. So hard that whenever I went to school, I didn’t wish to return home. Lather, I was chased away from home and ended up sleeping in a cinema hall for 2 years. Unfortunately I was suddenly evicted from this refuge too.
Life became harder, but one day a pastor noticed me and gave me temporary shelter in the prayer room of Gaba Community Church. Then one morning while I was at Gaba market, I found an ARM worker who helped get me back into school. That is when I realized that God had a special plan for my life. By that time, I had spent 3 years without seeing the blackboard.
Later, I joined the Bethany Children’s homes. God helped me and I not only had a place to call home but I also finished my primary school with a first grade. I joined secondary school the following year and got another first grade in senior 4.
ARM has helped me so much, especially in the development of my spiritual life. Right now, I teach Sunday School and interpret at Bethany Church. I have started seeing God’s hand upon my life. I’m so grateful for the opportunities give to me by ARM in order to reach my dreams!
“More than anything else, I am so grateful that God chose me among the many”
Project Manager: Moses Okello
Moses Okello is the newest edition to Bethany Village. He comes from ARM’s head office where he served as a program monitoring and evaluation officer. He is married to Harriet and together they have 2 children.
Program Director: Paul Bulima
Paul has been serving with Bethany Village for several years as a social worker and now a project director and pastor of Bethany Community Church. He was married in April 2013 to Beatrice, who serves as at Deo ECDP.
Project Social Workers:
Please keep Bethany CDP in your prayers! Their prayer requests are as follows:
- Pray for Moses Okello as he adjusts to his new position as Bethany Village Manager
- Pray for Paul & Beatrice Bulima, as they start their marriage
- Pray for all the children from Bethany CDP (especially those who are studying outside Bethany right now – High School, Vocational & University Students)
- Pray for provisions to sustain the Homes
- Pray for provisions to start a skills development centre at Bethany
- Pray for the children who are above 18 and will be leaving the homes in December. Pray that their transitions will not be difficult ones.
- Pray for long lasting and a stable leadership team for Bethany Village