While it’s not required that you write to your child, we strongly encourage you do to so. Letters let your sponsored child know that they are important to you. Letters also help increase the child’s literacy and communication skills. You may write to your child as often as you like.
Topics that will interest your child include:
- Church, school or work
- Favorite pastimes
- Family, customs and traditions
- Prayer requests & praises
Your child will also greatly enjoy pictures of you and your family. Letters do not have to be long or extremely detailed. Letters should also avoid the following topics:
- Excessive detail about your possessions (home, car,etc). This will only point out differences between you and your child.
- Giving out your email or home contact information
- Using “Americanisms” or language your child will not understand
- Inviting your child to visit you in the USA
You can send your sponsored child a letter electronically through our online form below…